You may have heard about aromatherapy before but thought it was only some kind of exotic spa treatment using oils. Even though one of the most common applications for essential oils is with air diffusing, similar techniques can be used with soap for powerful health benefits. This technique is actually not new, as aromatherapy herbal soap has been used for centuries – it has a long standing tradition in herbal medicine, and is only recently being rediscovered.
What Makes Aromatherapy Herbal Soap so Effective?
Aromatherapy soap is potent because essential oils are concentrated and contain powerful plant-based compounds. These herbal compounds, when used correctly can affect the body and the senses on a multitude of levels, resulting in an holistic healing experience.
- Aromatherapy soaps are 100% natural and free from artificial chemicals. They are made up of essential oils that are extracted from real herbs, which means they are not only safe, they by definition are helpful for our bodies. They also don’t have side-effects like typical medicinal and cosmetic products. They are very beneficial for people with allergies or sensitive skin.
- These soaps can hydrate and moisturize your skin as well.
- They are used for toning the skin to keep you looking young and healthy. They can also be used for moisturizing dry skin.
- They can be used to soothe sunburns and insect bites, as well as other basic skin maladies like rashes and acne.
- Aromatherapy soaps create a soothing feeling and effect on the body in general, which makes them great for meditation or detoxing.
- Some essential oils included used in aromatherapy can be absorbed right into the skin for a potent healing effect. This powerful means of holistic healing can aid in muscle tension, pain, bacterial infections, mucus buildup, fatigue, depression, and more.
- Aromatherapy soaps have potent fragrances that soothe the mind, because particles from the essential oils are absorbed into the body through the nose. This makes them optimal for calming the mind during meditation or rest, healing mood disorders like bipolar and depression, and generally uplifting the mood.
- They clean the skin thoroughly, making them very useful for women who wear makeup, as it aids in removing it without damage to the skin. This also cleans the pores from bacteria.
- They are used for the treatment of scars on the skin due to the regenerative properties of essential oils.
- They can be used effectively for the treatment of enlarged skin pores.
- The essential oils in the aromatherapy soaps are used to cure skin diseases such as rosacea, eczema and other acute skin disorders.
Looking for individual herbal soap deals?