Positivity is the conscious act of controlling your mindset in order to maintain a healthy equilibrium throughout your body and emotions. It also involves the conscious alignment with positively charged energy, otherwise known as “natural forces,” or the Tao.
There is a reason why sages and gurus from all traditions have constantly harped on the idea of being positive and what it can do for your life. No, it is not “faking it until you make it,” or “denying your emotions.” These things are typically said by people who a.) identify with their own negative emotions and b.) don’t understand the laws of Hermetics.
All emotion and thought is vibration. Conscious positivity puts your entire being into closer alignment with what is natural and free. Negative emotions and thoughts are a prison, and they will deteriorate you on multiple levels, including the physical. Stress and worry have been shown to be leading causes of illness and death. A positive mindset “hijacks” these thought patterns, bringing your awareness into the now and enabling you to control the course of your own life.
How Do You Be More Positive?
There’s more to being positive than simply forcing a different mood. It’s easy to assume from the outside (especially if you are working from the ego) that happy, positive people are just hiding their emotions or “faking it,” but this nihilistic view doesn’t square with the reality.
Positivity and negativity are what we call bodily states, or states of being. When your overall energy is negatively charged or at a low frequency or vibration, your entire demeanor will come across as negative. Likewise, if you resonate at a higher vibration, you will feel positive.
These are not moods, they are the result of embodying a certain frequency of energy.
You can acquire a better vibration by consciously focusing on being positive, but the two things are not one in the same. A mood is simply the physical interpretation of the current state of your emotional body.
How do become a positive person?
- Release your attachments and expectations. These are energy traps that are weighing you down.
- Assume things are working in your favor (even when they don’t, they do).
- Practice unending gratitude. Even if it is difficult at first, strive to be genuinely gracious for everything in your life.
- Keep your mind in the moment. Dwelling in the past or future robs you of your peace and energy.
- Take care of your body with positive life-affirming activities. Fitness, eating right, rest, and mindfulness are all important for mood regulation and health.
- Surround yourself with positive people and influences. Energy is contagious.
- Be willing to change. Take criticism, learn, grow, evolve.
- Learn to act of your own accord and not react to what’s around you. Just because there’s a bad situation occurring or someone is being negative toward you does not mean you need to respond in a negative way.
- Be mindful of your thoughts. Negative self-talk and pessimistic mindsets will adversely impact your life. Get in the habit of mentally pushing yourself in a positive direction.
- Become mentally and emotionally flexible. Positive people aren’t attached to their belief systems and understand that truth is something to be appreciated and accepted, but never obsessed over. Always be willing to shift your mood and thinking patterns in a direction that favors you.
- Don’t “mirror” energy or the behaviors of others.
- Take a stand and make positive choices. In a bad mood? Change it. Thinking negative thoughts. Stop it. Being responsible for your own “mental landscape” is how you turn the tides and become a happier, more fulfilled person.