If you’ve been feeling like you want to change but don’t know how, this guide is for you. Manifesting your best self only requires a perspective shift along with conscious actions that will bring you closer to who you want to be.
I’ll cover everything from setting your intentions, to visualizing who you want to be, and finally taking action towards your goals. By following these guidelines, you can create a life that is fulfilling and in alignment with who you truly are.
If you have tried manifesting or doing visualization work in the past but have not had much success, don’t let that deter you. In my experience you have to have the proper starting point (and plenty of patience).
Who Are You and Who Do You Want to Be?
The first step to manifesting your best self is to get clear on who that person is.
What qualities do they possess? What kind of life do they live? When you have a clear image of who you want to be, it’s much easier to take the steps necessary to become that person.
Although this step may seem inconsequential, it is the foundation of what you are trying to visualize. When you are manifesting your best self, you need to metaphysically put your Self in the shoes of this new you.
- What kind of career do you have?
- Who are your friends? What does your friend circle look like?
- How at peace are you?
- Your health and happiness are also important.
- Consider the degree of control you have, over your time, finances, and personal goals.
- Everything from clothing to where you go out to eat should be visualized.
Once you know who you want to be, it’s time to start setting your intention.
Align Your Actions
Every decision you make should be in alignment with the person you want to become. For example, if you want to manifest a more confident version of yourself, start saying yes to opportunities that scare you. Or if you want to manifest a more successful career, start making decisions that will move you closer to your goals.
It sounds simple in practice because it is, the only obstacle is your own ego.
The next step is to start visualizing yourself as the person you want to be. See yourself living the life you desire. What does your day-to-day look like? What kind of relationships do you have? What are you doing to contribute to the world? When you can see yourself living your best life, it becomes much easier to take the steps necessary to make it a reality.
The problem many face is, they don’t know if they are manifesting correctly. They will try meditating or visualizing but won’t align their thoughts and actions together. This is a big misstep and is the number one reason why a goal or desire will not come to fruition.
Action Meets Intent
Finally, start taking consistent action towards your goals. Remember that manifesting is not about getting what you want, it’s about becoming the best version of your Self. So focus on taking actions that will help you grow and develop into the person you want to be.
Read books, attend workshops, and surround yourself with people who inspire you. By taking action towards your goals, you are manifesting your best self into existence.
It’s important to take mindful actions, however. One common mistake people make when trying to achieve a better life is that they attempt to do it all at once. They make radical changes to their appearance, diet, lifestyle, and relationships all in an attempt to become the person they want to be overnight.
It’s often the small things that make the biggest difference here, as cliche as that sounds. However, the key element to understand is that “choice” is the defining factor. The conscious decision to make changes and act on them is what will generate that positive energy of change so you can inevitably be your best.
Where many fall flat is that they “hope” they will change or that life will favor them in some way, or they “decide” they will change and then never actually take action.
Sound familiar? I just described millions of people’s New Year’s resolutions.
According to quantum laws and the way manifestation works, you have the ability to become anyone you want. However, there has to be something to go off of that is tangible.
Those who are aligned with their best selves and who manifest on a regular basis make it look easy. You sit on the outside wondering, “I wish I had it that easy, everything just falls into their lap.” Yet you don’t see all of the work they put in behind the scenes to get to that point.
Take conscious responsibility for your future goals and then act on them piece by piece. As long as your actions are aligned with your intent, you will generate the outcome you want.
- How many things can you manifest at once? This is wholly dependent on what you are visualizing and how powerful your force of will is. There is technically no limit to how many things you can attract into your life simultaneously, but it may help if you go slow and focus on single goals when you are first starting out.
- What about negative manifestation? There is a lot of debate out there as to the benefit of performing negative manifestations – such as removing someone from your life, causing something negative to happen to someone else, causing inconveniences for others, taking money away from others, bad luck, and so on. Generally speaking, it is far easier to attract positive change in your own life than it is to cause negative things to happen to others. When trying to be your best Self, it’s important to focus your energy truly on Self, and not what you perceive as being Self. Remember, more often than not, you are the cause of your own misfortunes, not other people. Thus there is no reason to try and wish them ill will – to say nothing of the karmic implications.
- What about manifesting money. Is that OK? There is no right answer here, other than, how closely do you associate “money” with Self? Do you really need money to be your best self? Highly unlikely. If you manifest your best self, money will find you if you need it. Simple as that.
- Can you manifest better manifesting skills? Oddly enough, yes! Once you understand how to improve your Self from a metaphysical point of view, you can use these same principles to continuously improve. You can visualize your Self getting better, and in turn, visualize that you are visualizing your Self getting better. You can also use positive thinking patterns to reinforce good habits that continuously place your Self in better situations.
It is actually quite easy to manifest your best Self, you simply have to practice visualizing your Self as the object of your intent, and then take the necessary actions that reinforce that intent.
What, did you think there would be a shortcut? There really is no shortcut to manifesting. In all of the years I have practiced visualization and manifestation, and after talking to dozens of people on the subject, the truth is that you can’t cut corners.
However, the actual act of visualizing your best Self and then manifesting what you visualize, is much easier than you probably think. We are creators and are born for this kind of work – so whatever it is that is holding you back or blocking you, let it go and get to work.
The Time to Manifest a Better Life For Your Self is Now
These are simple steps that you can take to manifest your best self. Just remember to be patient and trust the process, advice you have likely heard plenty of times before on the Path. The more aligned you are with your true Self you are, the more effective these simple practices will be.
Keep in mind you can always augment your visualization techniques with various manifestation rituals. This isn’t a one and done kind of technique – manifesting a better life for your Self is a continuous process.
Knowing this, be patient. Even if your actions are perfectly aligned with your intent and you are generating a lot of positive energy, it can still take some time to see results, in whatever form they happen to manifest in. This is because room must be made within your lifescape to accommodate these new opportunities.
As with anything in life, your patience will pay off as you see your Self evolve over time.
The founder of Digital Sages, Matt has an extensive background in self-mastery and has authored several books on the subject. His goal is to demystify important esoteric subjects and help people transform their lives through self-awareness and personal empowerment.